- Mamata Banerjee chief minister of West Bengal launched the scheme named duare ration on 16 November 2021, which means ration at the doorstep.
- This scheme is going to benefit around 10 crores of people of the state.
- The state government has also decided to intensify the commission from Rs. 75 to Rs. 150 per quintal of food grains for ration dealers.
- Under this scheme, every dealer can appoint at least two people for helping them in delivering the ration. The salary of those people will be 10,000 per month of which 5000 will be provided by the state government and the rest will be paid by dealers.
- Rs 160 crores will be spent by the government on this scheme.
- As there is a large population and it will be difficult to deliver at everyone’s doorstep, so, to ease this process one stretch of road will be divided into four parts and the ration will be distributed there. The locals will be provided the information beforehand.
- In this program of launching the scheme, Mamata Banerjee also launched a WhatsApp chat group for the department of food and supplies.
- She also launched a mobile app named Khadya Sathi, Amar ration mobile app which will help people for how to apply for ration cards and information related to it.