Giriraj Singh, Union Minister of Fisheries and Animal Husbandry launched an online course mobile app for fish farmers on July 6, 2021.
It has been come about by the ICAR-Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture (ICAR-CIFA), Bhubaneswar with funding assistance from the National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB), Hyderabad.
WHAT IS THE MATSYA SETU APP?
• This app is focused on educating the fish farmers in the country with the newest freshwater aquaculture technologies.
• It will offer species-wise or subject-wise self-learning online course modules for fish farmers.
• The app will also be an important tool to spread the latest information on different schemes among fish farmers and help them in doing business.
• The training will be provided on various activities including ornamental fisheries, a module on feed preparation, post-harvest value addition, and seaweed culture.
• The self-learning modules will have famous aquaculture experts which will be explaining the concepts and conduct the demonstration on breeding, seed production, and grow-out culture of commercially important fishes such as catfish, carp, scampi, ornamental fish, and pearl farming.
• It will also include better management practices that should be followed for a better quality of water and soil.
• This app also offers quiz/test options for the self-assessment of farmers.
• The farmers will also get autogenerated e-certificates after the successful completion of each module.
• Farmers can also clear their doubts from experts.